Saturday, June 27, 2015

INFJ

So, apparently, I'm an INFJ. 

In care you aren't aware of what that means, it means I am an introvert, intuitive, feeling, and judging according to the Jung Typology test.

I'm going to begin this post by explaining what I agree with on my personality description. I love involving myself in humanitarian work. I volunteer when I can with charities and food drives and in high school I volunteered at my local humane society. Also, I greatly agree with the statement that I am oftentimes mistaken for an extrovert because I am around people a lot. However, I am only close with a select few. I don't even have a best friend... I definitely am an introvert. I feel as though, I withdraw into myself a lot.... but as a writer I find these times of extreme introversion to be helpful. This is when I am the most creative and willing to write about my experiences and feelings and ideas that I have rushing around in my head. When I used to journal (I stopped a couple of years ago), this would be the times that my journal entries were the longest and most detailed. I find myself extremely empathetic - always putting myself in others shoes. I also, am really good at reading people...I can tell when others are upset before most people. It mentions writing as a possible career choice and I have thought about being a writer on the side many times, so I find this ironic.

As far as disagreements with the description, I didn't find much. However, the description mentions that I have a rare combination of being a "doer" as well as a dreamer. I somewhat, agree with this however... I'm not much of a "finisher." I always come up with elaborate ideas for story plot lines, or recipes in the kitchen, or just ideas that would be fun to do and I almost never finish them.

2 comments:

  1. Well hello my fellow INFJ. I enjoyed reading this blog post, mostly because it feels great to relate to one another. I myself volunteered countless times throughout high school and the Army. I had always wanted to journal but could never get out of my head soon enough to start jotting things down onto paper. I'm glad I stumbled upon this blog! I'll keep a keen eye out for your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello my fellow INFJ. I enjoyed reading this blog post, mostly because it feels great to relate to one another. I myself volunteered countless times throughout high school and the Army. I had always wanted to journal but could never get out of my head soon enough to start jotting things down onto paper. I'm glad I stumbled upon this blog! I'll keep a keen eye out for your work :)

    ReplyDelete